1. Should cancellation occur within 30 days of the date of travel a 25% cancellation fee will apply.
2. If cancellation occurs within 7 days of the date of travel a 75% cancellation fee will apply.
3. If cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the date of travel a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
4. If your booking needs to be cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 related circumstances then no cancelation fees apply.
Should Volcanic Air cancel the booking due to unsuitable weather conditions or for circumstances beyond our control, then a full refund will apply.
If you have any other queries regarding our Terms & Conditions, please contact us.
Volcanic Air is operating normal hours during Covid-19 Traffic Light System Level Green, Orange & Red.
Volcanic Air is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for its employees and contractors. The Health and Safety in Employment Act 2015 places an obligation on employers and employees to ensure the workplace is safe, to identify, eliminate or minimise hazards in the workplace.
As Volcanic Air is part of the wider tourism network, and to enable us to continue to work seamlessly with our activity partners, we will actively manage our workspace by;
- Requiring all staff to be vaccinated, including obtaining booster vaccinations when eligible. Staff will carry their ‘My Vaccine Pass’ when going about their duties.
- Requiring contractors and clients to provide proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to their entering Volcanic Air premises or aircraft. Vaccination status may affect access to Volcanic Air premises, aircraft, products and services as we manage the safety of our operation.
- Continue to ensure masks are worn by all customer facing staff, by passengers, and where appropriate for flight crew.
- Continue with cleaning regimes, keeping surfaces, equipment and aircraft clean and sanitised.
- Carry only fully vaccinated passengers on shared scenic flights from December 3, 2021.
- Require all passengers aged over 12 years and 3 months to present their vaccine certificates for scanning at time of pickup and/or at check in. Failure to do so may prevent the individual from travelling in Volcanic Air aircraft.
- Cancel (or may postpone) a customer’s booking where they are not able to show a valid vaccination certificate and may apply the company cancellation policy. Where appropriate, alternative travel arrangements or flight packages may be offered.
- Unvaccinated passengers may charter an aircraft as a single “bubble” provided they are able to produce proof of negative test taken within 72 hours of departure. These passengers may not be able to access partner activities, limiting travel arrangements and flight packages that can be offered (i.e. Rotoiti Hot pools, Orakei Korako, Katoa Jetboat, Hamurana Golf Course, and Pure Cruise.)
Passengers are expected to advise Volcanic Air promptly if they do not feel well, have been in contact with anyone who has, is suspected of having, or is awaiting test results for COVID19. If they have any of the symptoms of COVID19 the operation may be postponed, and/or alternative arrangements made.
Volcanic Air reserves the right to refuse entry to their premises, postpone or cancel any flight, where a passenger is unwell, has any symptoms associated with COVID19 (above), or is awaiting the results of testing, or is known or is suspected to have come into contact with COVID19 within the preceding 14 days.
In accordance with Civil Aviation Rules the Pilot-in-Command is responsible for the safety of the flight at all times, therefore passengers must always follow the instruction of the crew.
Volcanic Air’s operational procedures require contact details (phone number and email address) of our clients which will assist us to meet our COVID19 contact tracing obligations.